Goal setting follows the same basic principals, so what I'm taught in writing workshops is exactly what I teach my clients as an exercise physiologist when trying to initiate behaviour change. And trust me, getting someone to write is a lot easier than convincing someone to change their lifestyle habits to benefit their health.
So following the SMART goal principals, (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely goals) these are some things I hope to achieve soon.
1. Write 'Double Escape', a category-length romance (50,000 words), at 1000 words a day. Should complete by 31st August. First chapter is already written with full plan already complete.
2. Write a short romantic suspense story of 5000 words to submit to Scarlet Stiletto by 31st August 2019. First draft complete by end of July.
3. Write a 4000 word ghost story for the Rainforest Writing Retreat's anthology, due 31st July.
1. Submit 'Almost a Princess' to agents not yet submitted to.
2. Prepare 'Rivenhall Manor' for submission.
3. Pitch at Romance Writers of Australia Conference
1. July - Townsville's Festival of Stories - workshops with Mark Brandi, Fleur McDonald, and T.M. Clark.
2. August - Romance Writers of Australia Conference
3. November - GenreCon in Brisbane
1. Continue as facilitator of the Townsville Writers and Publishers Centre's Popular Fiction writers group.
2. Re-commit to Trope Tuesday with one post a month.
3. Network at Festival of Stories, RWA Conference, and GenreCon.
Strategy to Achieve Goals
1. Daily reports with writing buddy Deeanna West, and provide support for Deeanna too.
2. Designated writing time between 6-7pm daily. Use the reward system - cannot start dinner until 7pm and some writing is done.
3. Keep journal with targets and goals.
All Awards Book Review Burdekin Characters Charity Conference Crime Novels Crime Writing Dogs In Fiction Editing Fantasy Novels Festivals Fiction Foreshadowing GenreCon Goals Just For Fun Lifestyle Motivation Plotting Point Of View Popular Fiction Group Rainforest Writing Retreat Reading Red Herrings Romance Novels Romance Writers Of Australia Setting Thriller Novels Townsville Tropes TWPC Voice Writers Life Writing Writing Retreat Writing Workshop